Thursday, April 29, 2010

Changing Lanes

It almost always intrigues me how some have nearly perfect career sketches. Even as far as my personal side goes, I'm of the double-minded kind and my career per se has been a jigsaw puzzle. Once it seemed to be all in control, but suddenly things began to shape themselves and I seemed to experiment with every opportunity coming my way.

Computer Science, of course, was my first love. It all started during the summer of 2001 when I joined Aptech's e-ACCP programme. I was more than convinced that computers were my Midas' touch. It seemed to flow that way as I also took up an engineering course on Computer Science. Interestingly, Providence didn't want it that way.

I landed up in an MBA programme much to my own surprise. Anyway, I really loved what I learnt and did. Marketing had a good appeal and I also spun a couple of researches on the same. It looked as if my career would take of from there. Also, the job markets projected that most MBA positions were for Marketeers than for anyone else.

But, again I switched. When asked to opt for a specialization, I confidently chose Finance. Finance is of course the heart of the business world, isn't it? And so my argument sold. It was all glossy. Numbers still enchant me. It is so much fun to work on numbers. Crunching and churning and truncating and adjusting are really a cool job to do.

Eventually, I also had a short stint as a Verbal Ability faculty at PSG's MBA Entrance Exam coaching center. Finally, now I work for an Insurance company. Where next? I'm afraid, only time can tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts